What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's start a war...

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Ok, nearly complete:
Original:
exploited.jpg

My Sculpt:
pus1.jpg

pus2.jpg

pus3.jpg

pus4.jpg

pus5.jpg

pus6.jpg

pus7.jpg

pus8.jpg

This is one of the earliest drawings from the skeletal artists Pushead who is most known for his artwork for Metallica's tee shirts and singles as well as tons of japanese hardcore/punk bands (but mostly Cocobat). Anyway, his more recent art is extremely detailed and anatomical in compariosn to this earliest drawing. I thought it would be great to do a statue combining that earliest image with his later extreme detail, showing each bone sutre and nodule.

or more info on Pushead see this months issue of Juxtapose Art mag on the newstands now a great big interview with tons of art!

He still needs a torn tee shirt but do you think it's any good so far?

Swords, the denstist called- he said he wants his teeth back, and there was someone calling from a "Mor.. gyoo.." or some such nonsense, also saying that you had something of theirs.
smile_n_32.gif
Man, you really are darn good! Awesome work, as usual. Love the details on the skull!

I am not much into the punk thing, but there are lots of 'em in my town... I see that T-shirt in a lot of places and oneof my buddies even has pretty good tattoo of it, but your work is the best representation of the pic so far, obviously
biggrin.gif

Man, I wish the Manowarrior would have worked out for you.....

Not too many shots of the back, but I like the back almost better than the face, you can really see the bones under the flesh...
And the throat is real nice... are you oging to paint it?? I'd imagine so, but seeing it in colour will be really weird, cool concept, changing an "icon" into something "real"
Wicked stuff Bro!!

Looks like me first thing in the mornin'.

If you were to add animatronics to this I think Stan Winston might give you a call. That is superb sculpting. Hollywood beckons!

Phil

Do I think it's any good???HELL YES!!! That is awesome! I'm speechless!!WOW!!! Do you do this for a living,or is it just a hobby?I take pottery class(i suck,but whatever,lol)and man do I wish I can make something cool like that!WELL DONE! *Niki*(Trapper7)
smile.gif

Gracias folks! Right now it's considered a hobby cos I'm not selling pieces to toy companies but I hope to sculpt professionally someday. Just trying to build up a portfolio of various projects from cartoony to lifelike before I start bothering toy companies. I still need to do some superheroes I really don't care much for comic heroes (superman, batman, spawn, etc) but it's almost guarenteed work.

I promise I'll do a Manowarrior someday. I did that first try a year ago and found I did his legs about an inch too short!

Nice.. You should sculpt for movies and stuff

Back