What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf Pulling help!

There's actually a group of springtails that do attack plants. My sarracenias suffered from them last year and someone experienced here was kind enough to finally identify it and shed light on the matter. Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the species (although you should be able to find my post in the archive here) but unlike the benign elongated springtail these are round, dark brown or black, they walk at a pace and hop occasionally. They cause very ugly deformed pitchers but thankfully are easy to eradicate.

edit: Found it for you:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?128879-What-pest-specifically

But Catmicas clearly said that the little bugs are white...thereby they're not springtails that are harmful. Right?

so white springtails - good garbage eating jumpy guys
black springtails - bad weirdos that look like amphids and eat plant roots :p

Edit: OMG they reproduce ALOT yesterday there was some FEW now there is like 50 o_O

Edit2: i ve been reshearcing on google and all ppl say that springtails r harmless and usually even do good to the plant, eat dead stuff and its food for small plants like seedlings :)

Last edited:
Back