What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf pulling gone bad!

• Thread starter AzNsUShi41
  • Start date
i saw my trap all blk and commonly pulled it off by the white part, but this time i pulled 75% of the roots, but i saw som root buds growing out on the main roots, is it ok and will it die or jus regain the rootage?>
confused.gif

help please!

75% of the roots? Wow, I'm no expert, but that sounds really bad.

Personally, I always do a small "test tug" to see if the dead leaf will come off easy. If its stubborn, then just take a small pair of scissors and cut it off as close as you can without risking other healthy leaves or the sweet, chewy center of the plant. After a few days you can try to get that last bit off, but only when its ready to.

its a pain wen its under the soil and i cant reach it, this time i digged & pulled and it happened

I rarely pull blackened traps off, for the reason you just described. When they get black, I snip them off.

ON a positive note- For the one you pulled off a leaf cutting will have near 100% striking rate since it has some roots.

For the rest of the plant, it should be ok after roots grow back, try using some superthrive if you have any laying around.

Back