What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lazy sunday, so here are some pics! (big pics)

OK, nothing spectacular here. Just some pics I took today from around my cp collection. First, a basic major score for my vft!
VFT%20Nabbed!.JPG

Here is a new S. x Judith Hindle pitcher, um, picture:
S.x%20%20Judith%20Hindle.JPG

And a Drosera dichotoma pic with some utrics and vft cameos:
Drosera%20dichotoma.JPG

Here's a Drosera filiformis with a blurry scorpiodes off to the side:
Drosera%20filiformis.JPG

And finally, a new pitcher on my Cephalotus! Actually, there are two new ones, but the other one is directly behind:
Ceph%20new%20pitcher1.JPG

Capslock

ahhh, very pretty. =D

Sweet pics. I like the Cephalotus. I ought to get one sometime. I always like seeing pictures of plants and stuff.

Nothing spectacular
wink.gif
, but everythings spectabilis!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

How did you get your ceph cutting to pitcher? Mine haven't pitchered yet...

All Cp pictures are cool (the pictures that are in focus)!!!
biggrin.gif
Those are some really nice pictures capslock. Thanks for sharing on this hot, humid, rainy, Sunday.
smile.gif
The picture of the S. x Judith Hindle pitcher is awsome.

Travis

Spec,

That's not the cutting. The plant in the picture I bought a few months ago from California Carnivores.

My cuttings are kinda hurting. One I think died outright, and one has just put up a new leaf, so there's hope, but it has two very small leaves. That's it. :/ Hey, the nep I got from the same raffle, which was a rooted cutting of a N. maxima x albomaringata, just pitchered. I posted it in the nep forum.

Capslock

Capslock, How in the world did you get that Drosera dichotoma to grow upwards? Mine has a "wingspan" of 32" as measured from the center of the plant and one of them hangs down 17" from the top of the pot to the center of the "T". I had to make it a hanging plant as the wind blew the darn things around and they stuck to everything...I was getting worried about my girlfriends Chichuachua. Now it is five feet off the ground and eating every bug that hangs around my patio light. How big will this thing get?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Very nice pics Capslock.. dang I wish I'd known you had a Scorpiodes. When you make cuttings of that would you save me one? Pleeeeaaaassseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???

Steve

Steve,

Hey, how's it going? I got the Judith Finn you gave me all planted up in my terrarium. It's beat up, but I don't think a single leaf is going to die.

About the Scorpiodes, apparently it's almost impossible to make successful leaf cuttings from Scorpiodes. The easiest way is from gemmae that are produced in the fall. If I get any, I'll certainly send some your way.

Lauderdale, I'm afraid that's the ultimate fate of mine as well. It's still only about a foot tall at most. As it grows, the wind is going to play havoc with it and all the stuff around it. I'll probably have to move it to a hanging basket like you did. Post a pic of yours!

Capslock

Hey thats great news Max.. Glad to know you will be able to keep that plant going.. I really hated to give it up, but like I said, I just am not prepared to properly care for a Nep yet. I know you will take great care of it for me
smile.gif
One of these days soon I will have to come up and visit it.. lol
As for the Scorpiodes, I guess I will have to wait a bit for one of those then.. but its all good.. I think the anticipation is almost as good as actually having the plant.. hehehe
Whenever you are ready, I am ready to recieve it
smile.gif

Thanks
Steve

Nice pics! Hmmmm... why do Cephs always make me think of how fried rock shrimp taste??? I am so... odd...

ya you are odd to think about shrimp when looking at cephs
what makessyou thank that

I truly do not know...

Back