What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady bugs

Lady bugs have been annoying me lately. They seem to be everywhere. They like to land on you and if you brush them off they leave this terrible smelling liquid on your hands. When i got home today i noticed that there are thousands or even ten thousands of them on our house!!! I don't know why there's so many of them right now. We've had like 3 weeks of below normal temps and now its been in the upper 60s and 70s for a few days, so maybe a bunch more hatched in the warm weather. I don't know. Has anyone else noticed tons of lady bugs where you live??

-buckeye

Nope, none here. Sounds like you'll have plenty of food for your plants.
smile.gif

Nope, but we have a lot of mosquitoes (the Florida state bird). Lady bugs are good bugs. Keep them! They eat all sorts of nasty pests.

SF

Appeaently the bugs are called Asian ladybugs.  I'm still not sure why there's so many.  But i just counted over 30 on the outside of one of our windows!
wow.gif

-buckeye

I have tons of those annoying things around here right now too.
mad.gif
They're are thousands of them, also those boxelder bugs are everywhere too. Those lady bugs, or whatever they're called will bite too.

yes here in youngstown-ohio last october the weather got warm and out of no where we had for weeks millions of those things- my dad and i have never seen them in this area ever- and yes they will bite you if they get the chance- one day we were closing the garage door and there were tons stuck in the grease of the track for the door and you could hear then getting crushed thats how many there was.............. have only seen one so far here today.

Back