What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LACPS Meeting - February 2008

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
The next meeting of the Los Angeles Carnivorous Plant Society will be Saturday February 16, 2008.

The meeting will be held at the Alhambra Chamber of Commerce.

Doors open at 10:45am. Meeting begins at 11:00am. Meeting dues are $3.00 payable at the meeting.

Art North will be giving a presentation on some new Nepenthes books and his recent trip.

See the LACPS website for more information and directions

http://www.geocities.com/lacps/

As always bring your plants for show and tell, sale, trade, give-aways or to ask questions about.

Wow that sounds pretty good... I think I might try to make an appearance there if I can. I am not a current member of the LACPS (I'm in San Diego), but I would love to meet with a bunch of addicts. Thanks for the heads up NAN. :)

how long would the drive be from around hollywood&sunset, zipcode 90027? do i have to be a member or can i just go in by paying 3$?

Yahoo and Google Maps are your friends. Just enter in your address and get an estimate of time and distance:

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=104 So...&mag=3&q1=104 South First Street Alhambra, CA

The meeting dues are to offset the cost of the meeting room. There are no membership fees/dues other than those. So, yes you can show up for the meeting without being a member. Joining the Yahoo group more or less makes you a member as we use that as a listserver to keep in touch: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/lacps/

I won't be at the meeting but it should be good. Art traveled to Malaysia (if I recall correctly) last October and he knows Chi'en Lee personally. He should have some good photos.

Amy and Nathan are planning on cooking up a special theme related treat too!

Cool! i might actually be able to make it! for once!

Hmmm...what to bring...:D

bump!

ooohhh...next saturday? it's gonna be tight... :(

I wanna go! That would be quite the drive though. And I don't like to drive more than 50 miles from my house sooo...

Take pics and post them! That's always a good group. :)

oh man...........

All these cool CP club/shows are always located on the coasts. (of the US)

I wonder if there are any mid-west CP clubs? Or even in the tri-state area of Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.

I've Dogpiled for such clubs in my area and have found none. :(

oh man...........

All these cool CP club/shows are always located on the coasts. (of the US)

I wonder if there are any mid-west CP clubs? Or even in the tri-state area of Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.

I've Dogpiled for such clubs in my area and have found none. :(

Fryster, if you can't find any clubs in your area, you should start up your own. You could send out emails to local nurseries, libraries, high schools and colleges, and even other plant societies and garden clubs. Once you find a group interested you need a meeting place. You can gather almost anywhere, but it depends upon the size of your group. The most important thing to starting a club, if you are willing to take on the responsibility, is first finding people who would be interested. I hope you can start the first cp club in your area because there are a lot of people missing out on growing these amazing plants. Most don't even know they exist. Good luck.:)

I had thought of starting a club or group or something... I'm not much of an organizer and my CP experience is pretty limited however...

I'll probably just inquire at local greenhouses and garden supply stores to build a network of CP interested people.

The 'heads' at the local hydroponic grower's supply seemed pretty interested in the CP's I had described to them. hehe...

A small network of people would be a nice way to start I think. I'll see what I can do. :)

THANKS!!

Meeting photos:

Drosera lowriei from Ravensthorpe WA
MG_6299small-007-750x414.jpg

Drosera auriculata from Bathurst, NSW
MG_6351small-013-750x414.jpg

MG_6361small-015-750x414.jpg

MG_6342small-011-750x414.jpg

Drosera stolonifera subsp. porrecta
MG_6404small-017-750x414.jpg

MG_6409small-018-750x414.jpg

MG_6418small-020-750x414.jpg

MG_6425small-022-750x414.jpg

Drosera andersoniana
MG_6436small-024-750x414.jpg

MG_6462small-028-750x414.jpg

MG_6470small-029-750x414.jpg

Drosera x obovata 'Ivan's Paddle'
MG_6493small-032-750x414.jpg

MG_6504small-033-750x414.jpg

Drosera cistiflora "alba" from Gifberg, RSA
MG_6510small-034-750x414.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa x TM (what on earth is "TM"?)
MG_6526-036-750x414.jpg

MG_6542-038-750x414.jpg

MG_6546-039-750x414.jpg

Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii
MG_6557small-041-750x414.jpg

more photos: https://www.forbesconrad.com/galleries/cp/clubs...all-nojs-0.html

Last edited:
Great pics!!! TM is trusmadiensis, btw. :)

Capslock

Hey Forbes, where's that group photo you took of all of us during the Dec. meeting?

Yeah...where's that group photo WITH names?? :D

Awesome photos, as always. I love the first and last ones.

Thank you so much for posting and sharing those. Just lovely.

Back