What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LACPS meet pics!

Amazing pictures!!
Some many awesome plants i've never seen before but really want to have now :D
Do you have any bigger pics/closeups of the fern wall?

Thanks everybody :-D

And I posted a lot of orchids just for you chibae :)

Great photos, it is always interesting to see what others see (and wonder why you didn't see it).

I'm glad you were able to make it even though it is a bit of a drive for you. I hope you had the time to see more of the gardens and some of the exhibits. There are a number of CPer's in the San Diego area. We had one guy from SD at the April(?) meeting who used to work for California Carnivores. He had some incredible shots of Darlingtonia from lesser accessible areas - a small population with yellow hoods, and another (or perhaps it was the same - memory lacks) with enormous "tongues" over 2/3 the length of the tube.

Perhaps if you can connect with these people you carpool and rotate driving to come to the meetings more often.

Yeah, what was with the south bound traffic yesterday. It took my 1.5 hours to get to Redondo Beach.

Ooooh! :drool:

Is this a once-a-year thing? I am SOO going to the next one, even if I have drive the whole way!

Great photos, it is always interesting to see what others see (and wonder why you didn't see it).

I'm glad you were able to make it even though it is a bit of a drive for you. I hope you had the time to see more of the gardens and some of the exhibits. There are a number of CPer's in the San Diego area. We had one guy from SD at the April(?) meeting who used to work for California Carnivores. He had some incredible shots of Darlingtonia from lesser accessible areas - a small population with yellow hoods, and another (or perhaps it was the same - memory lacks) with enormous "tongues" over 2/3 the length of the tube.

Perhaps if you can connect with these people you carpool and rotate driving to come to the meetings more often.

Yeah, what was with the south bound traffic yesterday. It took my 1.5 hours to get to Redondo Beach.

The traffic was like that all the way to San Diego :cry:

Hmm...did those S.D. people who showed up in April hang out here? There *used* to be an SDCPS webpage but it's gone now and I'm not sure I'd be the person to best start it up again..and that cobra sounds drool-worthy!

Ooooh! :drool:

Is this a once-a-year thing? I am SOO going to the next one, even if I have drive the whole way!

;)

I dunno - you'll have to ask people like NaN who actually live up there. This is the first LACPS meet I've gone to.

Beautiful shots, save for the 405 . . .

The meetings at the Huntington are a once a year thing. Otherwise the LACPS meets the third Saturday of even numbered months. We will sometimes have a meeting at Greenhouse at Cal State University Fullerton. Ed Read has a large CP collection there.

More info: www.lacps.net

Is that you in one of the shots?
I wondered too... I'm thinking it's either her or one of her friends and not a random stranger...

Im Jelelelous. That is an awful traffic jam!
I really like the vid of the guy in the fern room :p

10_5_3.gif

Back