What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Vonnegut died

• Thread starter ktulu
  • Start date
I dont know if there are any other Vonnegut fans out there but this news saddened me. He will always be one of my favorite authors.

I dont know if there are any other Vonnegut fans out there but this news saddened me. He will always be one of my favorite authors.

I am a fan. My two favorite works are "Cat's Cradle" and "Sirens of Titan." I absolutely love the ending of "Sirens of Titan." It certainly is sad. I must have missed the news about when he fell a couple weeks ago.

xvart.

I have always wanted to read his books, but have never gotten around to it. I may stop by the bookstore over the weekend and pick one up.

I am huge fan. Favorites are Breakfast of Champions and Cat's Cradle.
Vonnegut was the optimistic pessimist. Some people see the glass as half full and other see it as half empty... Vonnegut wanted everyone just to get a smaller glass.
He will be missed.
So it goes.

I was a fan of Vonnegut the person but never got into his books. I tried off and on for 20 years and then gave up. I read all of Slaughterhouse 5 because I had to for school and I read all of Breakfast of Champions (I think) out of sheer willpower and determination. I'm clearly lacking the Vonnegut gene, but I respected him for his off-kilter style and for being a man in an age of drones.

Back