What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kirby Salesman

I am holed up in my room with a Kirby Salesman jist ouside the door who is demonstrating and demonstrating and demonstrating and demonstrating to Valerie who wanted the rug shampoo'd so she actually CALLED them and had this guy some over.  Of course the cleaning carried with it a demonstration!  So, I stagger out of my room after being woke by the dog going ballistic, pants undone, hair wild, grouchy to find a sranger in my living room.  By the tone in his voice I knew he was either a Jehova Witness or a Kirby Salesman.  Like kryptonite to superman are these types to me.  The last time, a salesman barged into my house after I said I wasn't interested after making sure no one had invited him in, I went and got my shotgun.  Ya never seen a little rounder run so fast, hee hee.  Well, this guy I can't do anything about, but when he told me I would get the chance to test SEVEN models, I figured it was time to head for shelter.  The last Kirby I had destroyed my hardwood floor, was heavy, broke repeatedly and I HATED it since I am the primary housekeep.  I just can't stand salesmen, and as they go, this one is baaaaaad!  I gotta pee but I ain't a goin out there!  Help!  HElp!  Bug, send the Ninja.  What I need is for a forum member to call the local police station and claim to have planted a bomb in my house set to detonate in 30 mins.....PM me first if interested and I'll share the details of my plan.  He's got to have turned on and off the thing 200 times in the last 5 mins, and the dog is convinced armeggedon is here.  I wish it was.

ROTFLMAO!! Tamlin I have had the same two guys come around to my house twice, and every time I tell them I have a rainbow and not interested in seeing the bulky kirby. Every time they say I would love to take on the rainbow, but the thing is the rainbow people say the same thing about Kirby. I did it for about 2 weeks trying to get my free rainbow, but said this crap isn't for me and turned in my stuff. Any who I like my bagless dirtdevel better than the rainbow I have any day! No water to empty and the hepa filter catches most dirt so screw the rainbow. If it was really as good as they claim then it would be sold in stores and not door to door. I want to try the new Dysons if they were not 400 bucks.

I am reminded of an old "I Love Lucy" episode whereby some guy named Freddy Fillmore sold Lucy a vacuum cleaner. And then he got her hooked on selling. And of course all the things he did on her rug worked for him but wouldn't work for her and Ricky was getting upset and.....

I hope you've got a window that opens. If it's on the 1st floor escape may be possible. (Don't forget to leave Valerie a note, something like you thought the salesman was full of gluten so you had to split for a few hours as a preventative measure) If it's on the second floor then I hope at least it opens up, don't forget to let anyone below know to move out of the way first. Make sure there are no cars directly under the window, that might leave a mark.:;):

biggrin.gif

why not get youre shot gun again?

I just hope your window opens so you can pee.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ June 22 2006,7:21)]Like kryptonite to superman are these types to me.  
Yoda couldn't have said it better. Hehe.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ June 23 2006,3:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ June 22 2006,7:21)]Like kryptonite to superman are these types to me.  
Yoda couldn't have said it better. Hehe.
smile_n_32.gif
LOL! You should hear Mabudon do "Yoda-speak". It was like hearing the real thing - the voice.... the misplaced sentence clauses....

Yeah, well here's the postscript. This went on from 6:30 to 9:45 PM for pity's sake. God blessed me with a huge bladder so I made it....barely. That's worse that the Bible Bangers ever did to save my soul. Arrrrgh! Now the &*%%^& thing is sitting in the living room V. and I have had a fight about it. If she buys it I swear that I will never vacume again, ever! What do you do when your partner is so gullible that she gets sucked in by a door to door salesman selling what you just bought BECAUSE the KIRBY that you had was a piece of expensive junk?
confused.gif
Guys, we have 4 rugs the size of postage stamps. I don't give a rodents arse if it can blow leaves, inflate mattresses, shampoo the rug. The last one did that and she NEVER used any of it, and you can bet Darwin's beard that I aintagonna either.

"Why do you have to raise your voice" , says she. "If you don't want the bull, don't flap the red cape" says I.

Sometimes life sucks more than a Kirby.

I no longer have a shot gun. The Ex took that too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ June 24 2006,3:00)]"Why do you have to raise your voice" , says she.  "If you don't want the bull, don't flap the red cape" says I.
Sounds like a song in the making.

Back