What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingsnake Kills Cable Snake

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
You heard me right my kingsnake Lucy killed and tryed to eat a cable snake. I have pics and a video to prove it.

256100923O515746584.jpg

That's right she attacked the cable going to my tv. I saw she had already bitten through the insulation and it would have to be cut and replaced anyway so I went ahead and cut it. The white thing next to it is an alcohol pad. It's suppose to make snakes let go of anything. It didn't work.

256100949O114251013.jpg

256101082O705647388.jpg

256101285O420139676.jpg

What a snake. She is so aggressive sometimes. That's why I named her Lucy, it's short for Lucifer, and if fits her so well. But that what happens when you spend your first two years in a pet shop.

I don't blame her..........

There's too much crap on cable TV nowadays.......

I say, let her chew to ribbons.

lovely, i would love to see her do that to worms:)

a shot of vodka works better than a alcohol pad....i always kept a small bottle of vodka in where i kept snakes.....granted i had several 6 foot-ish pythons.....for smaller snakes i was worried about over doing it with alcohol, not to mention wasnt necessarily imparitive i get them off ASAP or worry about serious damage to myself due to their size, ive found placing them under the faucet and running cold water on them works well...........

I would have tried to wait her out, but I've tried that before and she has plenty of time, and she wins that battle everytime. I was also worried that the wired could be doing damage to her mouth. I had the prep pad so I stuck it in her mouth and she didn't seem to care. I have a video with it in her mouth. I didn't think about the cold water but that should have been the most logical option since she's coldblooded. She is such a demon snake. LOL

She has done so many crazy things.

Too bad for your cable snake...

Make sure she stays away from your internet snake! Sounds like she has a track record.

There is a track record. I rescued her from a pet store that couldn't sell her because she bit everybody that tried to touch her. I was feeding her quail at one time and I had to give them to her feet first because if I gave them to her head first she would bit the heard and then decapitate the quail. Then she would only eat the heads.

Then I tried to put a pair of my shorts in her cage to try and get her used to my scent. She tried to eat the shorts. I have pics of all this and they are posted in this forum.

Then there was the time that I wanted to get pics of her relocating her jaws after eating a quail. As soon as she finished the quail she came after me.

LOL

There are other stories.

She's really a cool snake

I think Lucy is trying to tell you it's time to upgrade to HD.

xvart.

Aggressive feed response...

Here is my chondro following in the same path. Note, the rat pup is only in her coils and not in her mouth. The forceps however are fully in her mouth akin to your snake and its cable... At least mine was smart enough to realize that forceps are not good food. She dropped them after a bit.

P3040002_2.jpg

P3040004_2.jpg

Back