What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping The Vine Down

I posted a thread somewhere on "Forcing Basal Growth" on Nepenthes (either on this or another forum) a few months ago. You can elevate the pot, as I do, and even set the pot sideways, so that the apical growth is below the root ball. It only takes a week or two, and basals pop out like crazy, even on those plants that are normally difficult to produce basal growth under normal conditions. It also helps assure that your plant has some growth to push in the event that you want to remove and reroot that long woody stem. - Rich

I posted a thread somewhere on "Forcing Basal Growth" on Nepenthes (either on this or another forum) a few months ago.

Rich - I remember reading your thread, but couldn't find it. It must be on another forum. Maybe you could find it and post it here, too? I'm thinking a sticky with links to various ways to induce basals would be a good feature.

xvart.

Back