What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping a cold terrainium w/high humidity

I was wondering how you guys keep your tanks cool for highland neps like N. Lowii.  I try to increase humidity by adding a undertank heater but find that the temps increase too much.  Any Suggestions?

In my tank I have a little waterfall that I made out of a rock with a hole in it and a cheap pump. That seems to keep it really humid in my tank. Plus if you're into making it look like a jungle in a tank, it makes it look nice.

Well, I've got a smaller, moveable tank... When it's too bright I can move it to give a little more shade, but at night, I just leave it next to a sliding glass door that's open just a couple of inches, does the trick for me
smile_m_32.gif

Ice packs will work for now but you should look into making a highland chamber there's alot of ways to cool of your tank and give your nepenthes the true highland temps they need.I here that some people use AC units to lower the temps i hav'nt tryed this my self but from what i here it works very well. Good luck to you.

Drew

Back