What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wanted to share

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I just wanted to tell you guys about my day.Well first,do you remember when I said I was going to take that grooming course.Well I still haven't started,I'm stalling a bit cause I'm having some issues I gotta take care of first,but anways I went into work today thinking it was just going to be a normal day(bathing dogs,nails,ears,teeth).So my boss comes up to me and said that she's sick of this crap.I didn't know what she was talking about,and I was quite shocked.She said that she's not going to wait for me anymore with this grooming course.She said that I'm going to start clipping dogs there in 2 weeks whether I like it or not.I just looked at her and said um,okay.Didn't seem like I had much of a choice
smile_n_32.gif
Five minutes later she said,you know what,forget the 2 weeks,you're starting right now,and she handed me the clippers!I started shaking like crazy cause the last time I clipped a dog was 3 years ago and it was just some light clipping.So my boss just stood there and said what are you waiting for.I'm like,well I don't know what to do!She said,Niki you have the talent,what are you waiting for?Why won't you take this course?I know it's in you and I'm not going to wait around any longer cause all you're doing is stalling.She was right,I am stalling,cause I'm scared and nervous,so when I feel like that I just back away.So today I groomed three dogs,and they turned out awesome!!!My boss was there with me the whole time,instructing me on what to do and how to do it.Then she made me take the dogs to their owners when they picked them up and every one of them told me that they were very satisified and they wouldn't change a thing!I am shocked!!! All my co-workers were patting me on the back and congratulating me.I'm still going to take the course,but my boss is going to get me to clip everytime I'm at work.I have 2 dogs to do tomorrow.I was so scared at first,I was shaking more than the poor dog was(I don't blame him tho,I'd be scared too if I was the first dog you were going to practice on)But as I finished each dog,my confidence grew and I felt really good.I really needed this kick in the butt from my boss and she knew that.Just wanted to share
smile.gif
~Niki~

Hey, now that's good gnus! Sounds like your boss is doing a good job of cutting through the "red tape" as well as applying some well-placed, confidence-building, gentle "tough love".

Thanks Jim
smile.gif
That's exactly what my co-worker said,"tough love"
smile.gif
~Niki~

But it's the kind ya can trust, because you know she has supported you in other ways.

Some people have to be pulled back from doing things that are beyond their capabilities and others have to be pushed to do things they're capable of.  I prefer the latter.

Well sounds like to me it's time for you to talk to your boss about the money issue you have a few weeks ago.
Good job.

You're right Jim,I completely trust her.I knew she wasn't trying to push me into doing something that I really didn't want to do.She knows how much I want to become a real groomer,not just an assistant to one.She is very nice
smile.gif
Herenorthere,you're right.I'm the kind of person that backs away from doing things because I get scared or nervous,and all I need is someone to kick my butt to get me going again.I don't have a lot of motivation and my boss knows this,that's why she did it.Even though I looked at the dogs I groomed yesterday and I saw through my eyes that they looked good,I was still questioning myself.I hate that feeling.I'm going to have to work really hard to get over that.Ozzy,I was thinking the same thing today actually but I'm not quite sure how to approach it.I clipped another dog today tho
smile.gif
He bit me,lol
smile_n_32.gif
Anyways,thanks for the support.I'm slowly but surely starting to feel good about myself.~Niki~
smile.gif

Nice, Niki! You know, you get a few positive experiences under your belt, and there will be no stopping you! Once you're grooming dogs steadily, hit the boss up for that raise! But I'd wait a couple weeks until you're really up to speed.

Capslock

smile.gif
Will do
smile.gif
~Niki~

Nikki,

Congrats to you! And it also sounds like you have a really good boss. A kind of rare thing, LOL! Take your class, get it over with, and continue! April

You better hurry up and ask for the raise, it'll be had to get after you cut off a dogs ear.

Thanks for the support you twerp
smile_n_32.gif
If I'll be cutting off anyone's ear,it'll be yours!~Niki~
smile_m_32.gif

Somehow I really think you would.
Images from the movie Misery are running through my head for some reason.
confused.gif

I've never seen that movie,but you're right about me doing it...you deserve it.~Niki~

No come back Oz?~Niki~

Go watch the movie, I think it was written about you.

You're not very nice
smile_n_32.gif
Why is that everytime you and I start to argue on the forum everybody else leaves
confused.gif
It must be you Ozzy cause it sure aint me!~Niki~

Back