What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just wanna share something with you guys

yesterday, i found a baby spider in my office. i took it planning to feed it to my vfts. on my drive home, i noticed that i didn't have gas in my car so i stopped by a gas station. As I was looking at the spider, I realized that it's a baby spider...i felt bad, so i let it go.

now one of the girls that i work with is ananimal person (she loves animals). So, I told her about me letting the spider go. I thought she would be a little less upset (she knew what i was going to do the the spider). instead, i get b****ed at.

She said " why did you let it go you should have just let it stay here in this place (office), so it can build it's own little place".

She was very upset.

She also said that I should have just killed the spider.

After all the suffering that it had (the spider was in a little plastic cup. I covered it with GLAD Wrap then I put holes in it so that it can breathe.

I love all animals. Vertebrae or invertebrae it does not matter.

But for her to b**ch at me for leaving the spider at a gas station is a little absurd. Don't you think?

Was I wrong for letting the spider go?

or is she overreaacting?

You did what you felt was right, that was her opinion. It is unforunate some people are that way. I would just blow it off or if anything laugh it off - maybe the spider will repay you by biting her in butt for being rude k\d
smile.gif
. I really do not hope spider bites anyone on a serious note.

Travis

I think a spider can make a home anywhere. I don't think they are real family oriented so relocating shouldnt be a problem. :)

If she is a true friend you can tell her to F off with no repurcussions... much like you could tell me the same.

I think someone needs to switch to decaff!!!!
I honestly wouldn't pay any attention to to her remarks she is way off the hook!
I don't know what kind of place you work at but if there's a bunch of people working there it would have eventually gotten stepped on anyway. Not to mention it realy isn't the greatest thing in the world to have spider webs hanging off of the walls of businesses.
If I were you Id stay away from her
smile.gif
I think she's got issues
smile.gif

LOL @ u/clown

I like ur style girl, and I agree.

Cheers, fatboy.

thanks you for the responses.

is it safe to keep a tarantula at home??

i was thinking of buying one.

If you do get a tarantula my only recommendation would be to keep it in a terrarium :biggrin:

Seriously, though I have never had one, tarantulas are supposed to make great pets. Although I have heard you should avoid the Baboon Tarantula as it has no qualms about takinf a stab at just about anything

Jian,
You were right in removing the spider from your office.  Although if a spider decided to make its web in a little corner of my office, i wouldn't mind as long as the boss don't mention nothing
smile.gif
 Plastic cup and plastic wrap is a perfectly fine container to transport a spider.  Me, I would never feed a spider to my cp's since I love spiders.  Shame on you
wink.gif

Tarantulas make great pets.  Don't require much room and requires very little care.  I keep several species of Tarantulas, really cool pets!  If you need suggestions on which one to get, message me.

Larry,

im looking for either a chilean rose or greenbottle blue. do you know where i can find them?

also, what can you say about tarantulas as far as their temperament.

oh! i cant leave the spider at work. i work at a hospital

Jian,
Most people buy the Chilean Rose Hair as their first tarantula.  They are very docile, easy to keep and very soft
wink.gif
 I have two baby Greenbottle Blues, they are absolutely stunning.  The babies look nothing like the metallic green adults.  You should get these after you've gotten some experience with the Rose Hair.  An adult Rose Hair is but &#365, a tiny baby Greenbottle Blue is &#3632 :eek:
Looks like they are currently out of Rose Hairs.  It would be cheaper to buy from a local petshot anyways.

Here's my favorite place to get em:
http://www.petcenterusa.com

(Edited by larry at 6:14 pm on May 17, 2002)

Back