What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just received brown bical

• Thread starter demasoni
  • Start date
Hi, I just received this plant in the mail that looks brown. Do you think it will recover?

onD5R.jpg

YDGZF.jpg

I'm not an expert on Neps, but I think that could recover.
Always worth a shot.

Probably. Bicals would probably not make it for a lot of people even if they came healthy haha

Nice size! That thing has real potential if you nurse it back to health.
That thing likes it hot and with 90% humidity, decent lighting is also appreciated.

At that size I'd say you stand a decent change. N. bicalcurata is particularly finicky about being moved, and they get those ugly brown spots as a result. If it were a little tiny baby I'd say prepare for the worst, but apparently once they hit a certain critical size they become quite hardy. Just make sure to keep your conditions warm and very consistent until it starts looking up.
~Joe

Told you.. It was probably just really hot somewhere between here and there. Which dried out the leaves a bit. The roots were nice and moist and wrapped well, so it'll recover fine. I've had plants arrive in much worse shape than that, and come back to pump out 9 growth points.
Keep us updated on it's progress, and if it dies I'm sure we can work something out.

Happy Growing!

Back