What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered Barry Rice's book

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

lol! It might be kind of lame for me to start a new thread for this....but..considering that in the past I have said here sooo many times that I do indeed plan on purchasing it........I guess I finally made the move today. lol! I know its a 41$ CDN hole in my wallet...but I am looking forward for the book.

Another reason to make this post is to show Dr.Barry Rice that his book is selling well and that he should write us more books .....say..ohhh! about the nepenthes Rajah. :-D :-)) :banana2: :boogie: ...that would drive me crazy....an entire 100-200 page book on nepenthes and atleast 50-60 pages on the rajah. :hail:

cheers,

vraev

It's a great book with great photo's. I think it's like a "Step 2" book after the Savage Garden for more info, while the SG is generalist. Barry's still contains the methods of growing so don't think that it doesn't lol. I think they compliment each other well.

Barry's is the book that looks nice on the coffee table, unlike the SG lol. Hardbacks are sexy :)

I guess some day I'll finally slip back the savage garden into my book collection :p ..and this time I won't return it :p lol!

Well!! If there is one book I want to get...I am interested to see how the "Pitcher plants of borneo" by phillips is. ANy reviews for me?

cheers,

vraev

I'm still debating on whether or not to order it....... it's REALLLY tempting....

Back