What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just need a quick answer before i get home

In n. va we just got our first frost, and I wondering if I instead of wading through the hundreds of posts on hibernation, it is ok to leave my cps outside with water in the trays? I have yet to really determine where to put them for the winter. I think I have one room that has conditions about 55 degrees, but don't know if I should keep them in the garage with temps close to the outside and similar light levels. I suppose just keep them wet?

If you're starting to get frosts, keep them out of water so the soil is damp not wet. Consistent cold should stop evaporation, but if it's still warm during the day, keep an eye on it.

In northen VA most of you plants should be fine outside all winter with a light mulching. You're only really a little north of their natural range (unless you up in the mountains? What is your zone?). As for the water question, they like to be damp durring dormancy, not wet like the growing season (in general...you're going to have to research any spieces you have individually). Hope this helps.

Back