What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just got some new pygmies>>>MORE

yup, thnaks to CP2k, i got some X lake Bur...(spelling escapes me lol). Should i grow them outdoors? I plan to place them outside during the moring and bring them back in at night. I think the dramatic change in temp killled my other pygmies. Thanks again-Zach

Hey Zach,

Pygmies like the dramatic change in temperatures. Outdoors in my area the temperatures may be the 80's but the nights are always cool year-round from 40F-65F.
What size pot are you planning to grow these plants in?
They have very deep roots and need a deep pot(preferably 5in+). Mines are grown in peat:sand 1:1 with a little perlite. I grow them outdoors under 50% shade all day. The larger plants I sent you have been grown outdoors for the last two years and are well adapted to outdoor growing.

oh, so i can gorw them permanetly outdoors? what do you mean by "shaded"? i have em in a deep pot in a mix of peat/sand. on tray method. thnaks-Zach

Shade = not direct sunlight.
That would be tough moving them in and out everyday!

You can permanently grow these outdoors under 50% shade cloth.

interesting points dudes lol. all rite..outdoors under shade we go!

Back