What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought two new neps

ok What i need is proper growing info i read the thing on the site i aslo would like to know if you can hang them directly in a window and if you need to fill empty pitchers up of not

I live in souther canada

incase you need to know i dont think the light will be two harsh herar as i leave my vfts out in the middle of summer and they love it

I would also like to know of any special tips / tricks that there might be

Sorry if I sound rude im in a hurry

Please and Thankyou

Kyle.W

Kyle,

Yes, you can hang them directly in a window, and yes, you should fill your empty pitchers 1/3 full with distilled or rain water. Those are pretty easy neps, so as long as they get good light, and you keep them well watered with proper water, they should grow well for you. Expect nothing for a month or so, though, as they get used to the new conditions.

Capslock

Remember that cocinea is lowland and needs a minimum of 60 degrees.

ok ill fill up the pitchers a bit a 1/3 of the way and dont worry my house doesn't go much below 60 ever so i think it will be ok

though i must say there quite big I think there the same size as the xl you buy from the site but i only bought them for 20 each at sharpels

Back