What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought an RO unit!

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
Well, I guess I said I wouldn't, but I've just shelled out the $100 (on sale from $130 at amazon) RO unit people have been suggesting to buy in the last week or two in the threads that have been up about RO units...and here she is in all of her glory before I get to setting everything up and *GASP* reading the manual this weekend!

P4070041.jpg

Congrats!

Let the fresh water flow! :banana2:

let us know how it goes im thinking on one for me in the future, that is a pretty good price as far as ive seen congrats:-D:-D

Hmmm that looks awful familiar LOL
BTW that guide has nothing but half arse diagrams. You're better off without it really, it's pretty simple but don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or ask if you run into problems.

Yeah the instructions are cr4p...can you tell me which parts in this picture hook up with what other parts? --->

P4100011.jpg

(like A gets connected to B...etc.)

Give me a little bit, I'll make a small video and post it here, it'll be much easier to explain XD

K thx :-D

Here's a vid but I forgot to address a few things in it so here goes:

Looks like you have the unit without the DI filter so your clean water will exit right above where you have G labeled. Just pull that blue plug out and stick in a white piece of tubing, cut it to length to fit your needs. There should also be a second exit right around there that tosses out the water you wont want. Stick a black piece of tubing in there and have it lead either into your sink or wherever you'd like it to be disposed.

I found the O ring (black piece labeled D) to not be of use to me. The bag labeled E, should have all the parts you need to connect to the faucet, just choose the piece you need. One fits on the inside of the faucet, the other on the outside.
Most importantly set a timer!! I've forgotten countless times to come back and check on the jugs and the filter runs for no reason (what a waste...). I did this overnight once...:censor:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTdlVRxJFDo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTdlVRxJFDo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thankyou thankyou thankyouthankyouthankyou! Got it together and am gonna give it a whirl once I get the dirty dishes washed and out of the sink (bathroom sink doesn't have anything to connect to on the faucet). YAY!!!!!! I've got my 5 empty gallon jugs waiting from today's watering ready to fill (all the neps, orchids, sarrs & vft's).

edit: do you think I should get a DI unit to attach to my RO stuff? I was wondering if it makes much difference or no...

Glad to hear the vid helped. Snap a picture of yours when you get a chance and update us as to your experience with it. I'm sure others to come will appreciate it. Here, mine or a new thread would be a great idea I think.
Btw one of those jugs should fill in about 20-30 mins. Also the manufacturer recommends letting the first 5 gallon drain away just so wash out the filters first. I did so with 1 gallon rather than 5 and had no issues.
Hope your next post isn't about flooding! LOL

Back