What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking the lead form those of you that I love to see pictures from, and having a little sapre time today, I thought I'd put a little sequence of shots together.

N. spathulata x alata
142_4202.jpg

N. lowii
142_4203.jpg

N. maxima (T39)
142_4204.jpg

N. ventricosa 'red'
142_4205.jpg

N. maxima x ventricosa 'Red Leopard'
142_4211.jpg

142_4206.jpg

N. sanguinea
142_4207.jpg

N. truncata (new pitcher not coloured up yet)
142_4208.jpg

N. eustachya (new pitcher)
142_4209.jpg

N. alata (young TC plant)
142_4214.jpg

Nice coloration on the plants, Aaron.

N. rafflesiana 'elongata'
142_4215.jpg

N. thorelli
142_4216.jpg

And finally, the glasshouse
142_4222.jpg

142_4217.jpg

Aaron.

Thanks E.

They are actually not that good right now as I am down to about 5.5 hours of direct sun on the glasshouse, and that is only if there are no clouds.

The last week+ has been very overcast so things have really slowed.

Jeeze I hate winter!

Only 3 more weeks until the shortest day of the year for us. Then things will start to look up
smile_m_32.gif

Aaron.

Yes, Winter is a depressing time for us, Neps grower.

But still amazing coloration on the plants and awesome setup for the greenhouse.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hmm... the only problem I see is that there is still room to walk!
biggrin.gif

Very nice indeed! how large is your greenhouse?

Where do you live that the shortest day of the year is June?

Very very nice! I agree with Swords, too much extra space! I would have my greenhouse choking by now!

Swords-I believe he lives in Australia.

~LM~
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif

very impressive, love the green max its awesome. but alas you need more plants... j/k
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Nice plants! I like the way you grow them. These hanging baskets are just great.

Jan

WOOT
very nice!!!
what ever it is ur doin to those plants, id like to know ur secret!!!
theyre so colorful

Ah yes, I always forget the southern hemisphere is opposite...:p

That will explain why my amorphophallus bulb from Troy went dormant just as all my others are starting up for the year!

Thanks everyone.

I still considder myself a newbie compared to most of you so it's pleasing to know I am on track.

Josh,

Glasshouse is about 8.5x12.5ft (2.6x3.8m) and I live in Melbourne Australia.

As for the space issue... I totally agree.  I've only been back into the hobby this year so my very first plants were received in about Feb, so the collection is growing steadily.  Give another 12 months and I bet I'll be looking for space in the garden to add another glasshouse (one lowland & one highland
smile_m_32.gif
).

Plus, the glasshouse was only set up in mid March so I am still setting it up slowly.  There will be more bench space soon, a better heater and moving form the current spray system to a misting system.

Thanks again for the kind words.  It's very encouraging.

Aaron.

Back