What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. spathulata x veitchii
IMG_2522.jpg

N. maxima x campanulata
IMG_2527.jpg

N. ???
IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

N. spathulata x northiana!!!
IMG_2538.jpg

N. viking (m.v. globosa)
IMG_2528.jpg

N. thorelii x (eymae x veitchii) the father is the one with teh giant peristome. Hopefully it pics up some of that. It is starting to get some nice stripes
IMG_2511.jpg

N. ??? (looks like it has masteriana in it)
IMG_2502.jpg

N. (thorelii x spectabilis) xx leessii
IMG_2510.jpg

N. viking x rafflesiana
IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

N. alata (t)
IMG_2439.jpg

N. viking x tiger
IMG_2440.jpg

N. x 'Splendid Diana' x truncata
IMG_2371.jpg

N. maxima x veitchii EP
IMG_2421.jpg

N. viking (m. var globosa) xx kuchingensis
This is one of my favorites and is in flower right now (male). Despite the tendril being in front this is an upper pitcher!
IMG_2417.jpg

N. veitchii x boschiana
I got lucky with this one!
IMG_2411.jpg

N. bellii x carunculata var. robusta
IMG_2377.jpg

N. truncata x spectabilis EP
Two different clones looking quite different in shape.
IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

N. (lowii x veitchii) x boschiana
2 different clones.
IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

:spazz:
They're all so big and gorgeous, especially that first unknown! Wowwwwwwweee!!!

Ooh nice! The unnamed ones are sometimes the nicest surprises :awesome:

Bummer the max x campy didn't keep the campy shape though.. :(

With a user name like hamata, you are expected to impress.

And you definitely did just that! Excellent plants, and I love all the boschiana hybrids especially as well as the unknown ones.

I can't say with any certainty, but the first unknown one looks sort of like N. x 'song of melancholy'

Great collection of plants! I can feel the wonderful warmness of Florida in your pictures. (I miss it a lot.) If I lived there I would have a yard full of these things. Thanks for posting.

Great looking collection!

Thanks for the compliments :)

I actually chose the user name a long time ago when I was a newb, but I guess I've grown into it in a sense (Though its not very apt considering that I could never grow it here in Miami).

The mysterious unknown cross really caught my eye and is a new additions so it will be interesting to see how the pitchers look in my conditions. I've gotten a reasonable number of Song of Melancholy and it doesn't quite look like any I've seen, but considering the variability of that grex (it had at least two fathers) you never know! It kind of looks like a rokko EP crossed onto something else, though its really really hard to tell beyond primary hybrids. Regardless, it really is an eye catcher!

Sterling stuff!

I love the N. alata (t) considering I just bought one (sans a growing tip - unbeknownst to me). I hope it's good about kicking up from a dormant node on a potted plant. Is it? Have you cut on yours yet?

It should be fine. Mine came with a growing point, but it is a fast grower as most alatas are. As long as there are plenty of green leaves I would expect good results since you already have roots (kind of like how most plants that have their growing tip broken by mistake end up doing fine). You may end up with several growing points and a bushier plant than you otherwise would have received given some time.

Good luck!

I really like the N. veitchii x boschiana. Great colors on the peristome.

Nice plants! I love the shape of the N. Viking x Tiger!

Great pictures of truly beautiful pitchers!

Thanks for sharing.

Back