What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judith hindle x ladies in waiting

I just got a bunch of seeds I ordered from the ICPS seedbank!
biggrin.gif

one of the seeds packs is "Sarracenia Complex Hybrids"
Judith Hindle X Ladies in Waiting.

sounds like an interesting mix!
I know crosses from already complex hybrids can produce all kinds of different offspring, but has anyone ever seen ANY offspring from this particular cross? im just curious what the offspring *might* look like..
anyone have any idea?
thanks,
Scot

I got the same packet as you. I originally thought I had not ordered any, but today brought new seeds and new experiences.

I haven't seen any of that particular cross, but while in Charlotte, NC, recently, I saw a plant that was Ladies In Waiting x
confused.gif
. A truly remarkable plant it was.

If you keep your eye on the trading post, in another couple of months I plan on having a huge Sarracenia seed extravaganza, probably for SASE. I made several inter-cultivar crosses this past spring. Can't even remember any off hand. Also, the squirrels have been raiding my seed pods, so who knows what I'll have by then.

You'll have to use your imagination! It should be a very red plant with a larger and frillier hood than Ladies. There will probably be some white areoles in there too and it will probably be a very vigorous plant.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you keep your eye on the trading post, in another couple of months I plan on having a huge Sarracenia seed extravaganza, probably for SASE[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Cultivar crosses too?? Ooooh!!! I hope I don't miss it!  That would be reaallly cool! My fingers are itching to get at some of those seeds!

SF

Plant them and find out. That is probably the best way.
ha ha

Back