What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonah has...

May his spirit live on...and never be forgotten

Jason

You meet them, hold them, hug and love them. They never stay long enough, and leave paw prints on your heart. PAK, I am with you, and praying for you. "Becausethey do not know the future, common wisdom says dogs know nothing of death, that it takes them by suprise. But the seriousness with which they watch the night come on---is rich with knowledge of the dark. Paradise would do well to live inside a dogs dream" J. Duemer

Thank you all so much. I'm grieving hard. Jonah was never more than a few feet away from me always... Its very strange, quiet and empty here now. I keep forgetting he's not here. His things are everywhere. The "routine" is gone.

I know most of you understand and have been where I am now. I feel like part of me is missing...

When you love anything or anyone, there comes the burden of loss. Its worth it though despite the pain of separation.

Jonah was an exceptional dog who's spirit shined as bright as the sun. And now that light is gone.

Thank you SO much for all the kinds words and poetry. It helps a lot. This is such a wonderful, caring community. Just as Jonah was exceptional, so are all the people here at TF. Everyone should be proud of their part in this "home." We celebrate successes and joys and grieve at the losses. That's a very remarkable thing for people of many walks of life scattered around the world.

Thank you.

PAK
sad.gif

I'm so sorry to hear it. At least be thankful for the time you were able to share together, and remember all thel ight and joy that he brought into your life, and you will be able to remember him without tears or sadness.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss PAK. Jonah came across as a very Bonny Chap from his photo and rich in character.

Bill

Aw Im so sorry Suzanne!
sad.gif
 thats awful and I know how much you loved him My deepest sympathy goes out to you.

Edit: man I need to learn how to spell!

Suzanne I grieve for you, but I also am thankful that you had found such a good and wonderful friend as Jonah. I am thankful for that Jonah had such a loving companion as you.

Last year I had to make the same hard choice and put my best friend, Ginger, to rest. Not a day goes by that I do not think of her, but I know she is better off now and the pain she lived, with day in, day out, is gone. God speed his healing to your heart.

I am glad that you had the great blessing to have known Jonah.
God Bless

sad-smiley-003.gif
Oh my gosh so sad. I feel for you.

Our dog, my childhood companion, is on hos way out. He wants to just lay in his bed these days, and i cant interest him in playing with me anymore. But still he bounds with energy on walks.

I am going to dedicate the bur oak we are planting in our back yard to Jonah. Or would you prefer the hackberry? Both are long lived, stately trees, and its not uncommon for them to reach 500 years of age.

I always plant a tree in memory of something.

For our dear departed cousin sam, we planted a Ginkgo. They are recorded for living for 3,500 years. I know it will be there that long if its not cut down because the tree is pest free, disease free- polution doesnt effect it and it grows in incredebly compact soil. They even survived the A-bomb dropped on Hiroshima. Theres even a site about those trees that survived the blast- Here

Suzanne,

I hope you can somehow continue to be the happy, helpful person that you always are, after you recover from your loss. Feel free to IM me if you'd like to talk.

See you,
Pat

So sorry to read about Jonah. He looks such a sweetie. I haven't got a dog but my boyfriend has one. I'm sure he'll sob too when his "son" leaves this world. God bless.

Hi Suzanne,
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Hi PAK,

How sad. I'm so sorry. Your story made him live once last time for all of us.

Bobby

Hi Suzanne,
Your eulogy was beautiful and said it all.
I am terribly sorry you lost your buddy.

Thanks so much, Jan...and everybody. Yesterday was very hard. I keep forgetting he's not here. There are so many movements and thoughts that are automatic. Every few minutes I think of something...expect a sound or to see him near me and then I remember. I have hard things left to do...removing his belongings which are everywhere....empty food bowl, pads, toys, water bowl still filled with water, collar, leash, harness; items in my car too.

I guess its going to take a while...

There is no sunshine here... I miss my beautiful, sweet boy.

I so sorry to about Jonah. It is hard to deal with a loss but Jonah seemed to have a great life living with you. From the photos that is one cute/happy dog. My deepest condolences.

Travis

Hi Suzanne -

I was sorry to hear about Jonah. I'm sure Jonah had a fabulous life with you.

Putting our Dalmatian, Casey, to sleep was the hardest thing I've ever done. When he was gone it just seemed sooooooo quiet. Going to bed and waking up, and knowing he wasn't there was painful. We didn't put his things away for a while, maybe a month or so. I can totally relate about how every few minutes you think of something, like when we'd cook and a scrap would fall on floor.....and just sit there......Casey would about bowl you over if that happened - but usually catch ANYTHING in mid air. It's been a long time, and now we always crack up and laugh about all the wacky things he did, like when there were small black piles of dust everywhere - he had somehow gotten into and ate charcoal briquets! Or the time lightning struck really close to the apartment and he zoomed around like a banshee peeing all the while, everywhere.

We like to think Casey sent us our new dog, Gypsy. It was a little more than a month later. Dalmatian rescue had said they never ever had recieved puppies before and thought we'd be great candidates. When they came over to check us out and brought her, the first thing Gypsy did once inside the door was hobble over to Casey's old toybox and stand on her tippytoes and start pulling things out. Now Gypsy is 2 and we'll be thinking about you. She has her 2nd gig tomorrow, a spot in a cable TV commercial.

WildBill

Hey Suzanne,
Sorry to hear about the loss. I know how you feel due to the fact we had to put our German shepard to sleep a couple of years ago.
sad.gif

Hi Suzanne.. I havent been around much for the last few days so Im just reading this today. My deepest condolances on your loss. Pets make such a deep impression on our lives that its almost inconcieveable how we can go on after they leave us. As for the toys and things laying around, I caution you against making the same mistake I made. When I had my 18 year old cat Inky put down a couple years ago, the pain I felt looking at all of his things was absolutely unbearable.. so I gathered up everything and threw it away. Well as they say time heals all wounds, (although I must admit to typing this with tears in my eyes) the pain I felt then is not what I feel now, but now all I have left to remember him by is a single photo and my own memories. My thoughts and prayers are with you and if you need someone to talk to Im only an IM away
smile.gif

Steve

Back