What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jitters

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    minor

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
In 45 minutes I have to give a seminar to my entire department about my work in the last year.

Despite the fact that it is only a 30 minute seminar and that I have had my slides raedy for over a week and that my boss has heard 2 dry runs and says that it is all perfect I am still about ready to climb the walls. My guts a flipping and I can feel a minor anxiety flutter and it is driving me nuts!!

I just want it over with!!

AGHHHHHH!!

Like 30 mins or something to go... Good luck! And just remember. They're all naked. (never worked for me, I always tend to work with ungly folks haha) make sure after your report, you write a report to report on the report to us on how the reporting went. ...er something
confused.gif
LOL!

Pull on your ears and saw woo-sao.

Good luck! I know the feeling. It will be excelent though.

BTW What do you do? LOL Sorry I am nosey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 06 2006,1:51)]Pull on your ears and saw woo-sao.
WHAT??

Good luck Pyro! Oh, maybe it's over now...how did it go??

Well, a report of my report on the report (as per Andrew's request.)

It went well. I nailed my time exactly even though while I was standing up there I felt like I was going a million miles a minute. I was easily able to field the questions asked of me and all in all the looks pon the faces were not blank which I take as a good sign.

Now, as for Josh's question on what I do. I study the genetic level regulation of the sporulation kill factor sfk in Bacillus subtilis. An longer explaination will have to wait though because I have an 8 hour drive ahead of me and I need to go.

Nope I don't think so Nepenthes AK. Fungi is not the only thing that sets spores. Bacteria, amoeba and protazoa also produce spores in adverse conditions.

I don't really know what Pyro studies, but it sounds like he is studying what the best way to kill these spores are. I will let him give a better explination of things when he gets back though. When he first said that bacteria name I thought he was dealing with biological indicator such like we use here in the hospital to test our autoclaves, but I just checked on a box of biologicals and the bacteria used there is Geobacillus stearothermophilus. I sometimes wish I worked in a lab studying something, but other times I just want to work out in my GH. So I think I will stick to the dream of being able to make a living working in my GH.
smile_n_32.gif

Way to go Pyro on your seminar!!

Good job Pyro, I'm glad it went well
smile.gif
Where they all in their underpants?
smile_n_32.gif
Hope you had a safe trip also!

Yay! Sounds like you really nailed it. That's great. AND its all over and you can breathe now. Well, that was a few days ago so I'm sure you've breathing for a while. lol

Congrats!

Back