What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've got....snails? o_o

This comes as a bit of surprise to me. I figured that only little critters like sphagum pnats and the like popped up in terrariums, but today I found an ever so tiny snail resting on one of my VFT leaves.

Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but most of my plants are recovering from rather nasty root shock, and I don't want to risk anything remotely harmful being inside my terrarium that would hinder their recovery.

So, are super tiny snails good or bad, and if bad, how do I get rid of them?

I've never had a snail problem, inside or out, but I would keep a close eye on your plants because I've heard that snails and slugs can munch on leaves. I don't know if tiny ones would be a problem or not though.
confused.gif

Is it about bite sized for a VFT?

Aren't slugs and snails slightly on the "juicy" side for a VFT, enough to make it rot?

I have snails and slugs in my basement grow room and they will eat/damage plants. So far its just been one of my orchids so I'm not worried. They seem to like thick succulent leaves. When I find one, I just toss it into a Nep pitcher.

>;-D

Back