What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've gone picture crazy...

Check out the nectar at the top...

N_coccinea10_web.jpg

great! looks like it is in wonderful condition. love the nectar... good thing i am not a bug. i would be dead. lol.
thanks for sharing.
lates,
andrew

Great shot! I love it when I see my neps all drippy with nectar! I have 2 questions for you:
1 ) What is that plant? I have one that looks similar
2 ) The photo itself looks awesome and very clear. Are you using a digital camera? Do you mind telling me what kind of digital camera are you using? (PM me if you don't wanna publicize the brand/model) I've boughten 2 digital cameras and both suck for closeups so I'm always looking for suggestions because I want the next one I buy to be the last one and it's upclose shots like these (as well as normal panned back shots) that I want to be able to take.

The plant is an N. coccinea. I've had it for about 7 months and it's grown considerably since I got it. It's almost like a weed right now.

The camera is a Nikon Coolpix 800. I got a really good deal on it a couple years ago and it's been an excellent investment. There are some pretty good deals on eBay for this camera right now. I think the entire Coolpix line has good macro capabilities.

Thanks I'll see if I can get a good deal on a Coolpix (that's the only way I can get a coolpix-those are some spendy cameras)!
biggrin.gif

I hope you're happy swords... now I have new camera fever. I was looking at some of the newer Nikons and now I NEED the Coolpix 995. It's a good thing I can't afford it. But if I sold my Coolpix 800... yeah, that's the ticket.
smile.gif

I use a coolpix 990.

Incredible macro capability and nice zoom too.
Tony

I'm looking closely at the 995.

Back