What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes Help

Okay, so I have Itunes, and lets say I got my music from a torrent

BUT their is no album name, except the album name, am I stuck having to sort through EVERY song and put an album name, change the title, all that awesome stuff or is their an easy way to group all my songs I got from my torrent?

If I have to do song by song, where is it at?

*uhgg shoulda got a zune*

you have to do it song by song:(
you should be able to change them by right clicking and renaming them.

If you select the songs in question then go to the Advanced tab and click Get CD Track Names. You should be all set.

I tunes says it cannot look for Songs that haven't been imported to Itunes, and that I should try importing them again.

I'm not sure Get CD Track Names works for all files, as most track name sources are keyed specifically to the data on the original audio CD and not the compressed versions that people use with music players. I've definitely run into situations where the encoding has prevented me from getting the right match for tags/cover art. (Even got a totally unrelated album once, but that was with a burned CD from a friend.) You may need to set all the song titles by hand. You can do the album and artist names in batches. Right-click and go to "Get Info" (may be "Properties" on Windows, don't have it on my Windows setup) and there should be an "Info" tab (hmm, redundant much?) where you can edit the ID3 tags and also scroll through your collection. If you use the same command on a selected group of songs, you can batch-edit their tags. It's a pain sometimes, but if the files aren't tagged the only thing easier is getting the disc and finding a CDDB match for it. :) Ever check CDs out from your local library?
~Joe

PS - Apple apps usually have pretty complete online documentation. Check the Help menu; there should be a search feature.

oh thanks! I dont think the library has allot of the music Im into. Most of its underground, or preaty non family oreinted, and a public library wouldnt have allot of anarcho/ska/punk bands lol.

I'm not sure Get CD Track Names works for all files, ... (Even got a totally unrelated album once, but that was with a burned CD from a friend.)

It has worked for me in all but one case and that was, like yours, a single track burned to CD from a friend (which for some strange reason kept coming up as being the soundtrack to 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.'???)

How did you import the songs into iTunes? Did you just double click on it once it was downloaded or did you drag and drop?

Back