What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its sending up a second flower

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
My s. pupurea is sending up it's second flower of the year! I almost think it is a bad thing, but also a good thing. I love the beauty of the flower but also, won't it drain stength from it?

Wes

Hello,
Sarracenia does not lose alot of strength from their flowers, unlike vft's.....
Kevin

Oh, well, I guess I'm getting an extra set of seed.

Some Sarracenia do that from time to time, send up a late summer flower. I don't think anyone's ever given a scientific explanation for it. I've noticed it in my plants mainly with S. flava and hybrids with flava in them.

My purpurea ssp. purpurea is sending up its second flower this year! My ssp. venosa is also growing its very first flower now

Last year when I got the one I have now it had flowered and already lost its petals; it didn't flower again until this year so I had just assumed it only flowered one and that was it. Well, I have just learned differently, to my joy. I looooove sar flowers. I just can't wait till my flavas, rubras and others flower so I can get crosses.

Later days,
Wes

Back