What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's flu season

Yeah, fever, headeache, coughing A LOT, sometimes hard to breathe, can't lie face up from all the glop sinking in to your throat and making you cough more, and the coughing with breathing in. It eases up over the course of the illness though.

When I've had bronchitis in the past nothing has come of it (besides the occasional secondary illness.) When I was in elementary school, however, I remember a friend of mine got bronchitis which developed into pneumonia (which is far more serious) so take care not to let it go too far. That kid was hospitalized for several months as a result.
Take care of yourselves.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 17 2004,5:34)]Well, I'm not sick.. yet (unless you count having diarhea and constipation AT THE SAME TIME for months straight).
Lol. I have those problems all the time....maybe because my tube feed has no fiber,but then again I had it before I was sick.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 17 2004,8:19)]When I've had bronchitis in the past nothing has come of it (besides the occasional secondary illness.) When I was in elementary school, however, I remember a friend of mine got bronchitis which developed into pneumonia (which is far more serious) so take care not to let it go too far. That kid was hospitalized for several months as a result.
Take care of yourselves.
~Joe
I'm taking antibiotics. I'm taking pretty good care of myself too. Anyway, she said it could be a MINOR form of pnumonia. So she found a loophole and gave me an antibiotics used to treat both.

I remember when my (evil) stepmother had pnumonia. I hope she would die
smile_m_32.gif
. Well, not really. Anyway she didn't die, but was in the the hospital for about a month. Stubborn idiot should have listened to my dad and got a flu shot (the flu became pnumonia).

pond boy, I don't think it's a lack of fiber.. it's something else. Laxatives clean out my system, but it only stays that way for a few hours, but then after that I go right back to constantly, ALWAYS having to crap.

I HATE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*clears throat* Sorry, had to get that out of my system.. (pun not previously intended but just now discovered)

Are you under a lot of stress, FlytrapGurl? It could be psychosomatic. Back in middle/high school I had a stomach ulcer that would open up whenever I started to fall behind in school or was on bad terms with my parents, and I still have trouble with my stomach and appetite when I'm under a lot of stress.
You might just try getting your business taken care of for a few days and then use the time to focus on relaxing. Of course, that's one of those things we'd all do if we could find the time, but with the holiday breaks and such maybe it'll help.
Drinking a lot of coffee or imbibing any sort of stimulant can cause all sorts of digestive upset, as well.
So many sick people - what a sorry bunch are we, eh?
~Joe

Not really under any more stress than usual.. I'm always on bad terms with my grandparents (I live with them.. Mom doesn't have alot of money, dad left when I was 6 months old, blah blah blah, life story life story..).. that hasn't changed for years.. I drink Red Bull sometimes, but not all the time, and it never bothered me before anyway..

Christmas breaks? Yeah right. I'm homeschooled and perpetually behind a few days, therefore I only get Christmas Eve off when it comes to Christmas breaks. That's it.

I'm always under stress, but I'm not stressed out any more right now than I have ever been, so I really don't think that's it. And I KNOW I don't have an ulcer.

I really, seriously, greatly, honestly don't think so.

Yeah, having stress all the time is the worst! I feel for ya. All the more reason for you to find some time for yourself.
Take care.
~Joe

*bursts into a fit of sarcastic laughter*

Time for myself? In this house? They don't even let me leave the house without a fight to the end and I no longer venture out to ride my bike around the neighborhood because the mental kid around the corner keeps trying to win me over. I just isolate myself in my bedroom most of the time. But the computer is in the living room. Go figure.

Yep, just try not to go insane alright?

I have a mental kid near me too, but he's cool. Everyone likes him, but he's crazy. I admit it, i like him too. I even give him some of his ideas.

This whole family has been sick this month. My wife has one of those viral things to wait out.

....wig=fe?

We're all gonna look back on this years from now and laugh.

Figure of speech.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 19 2004,5:05)]....wig=fe?
I HATE typos!

Back