What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's amazing what repotting does.

I repotted these plants about a month ago and I took the first picture a week ago and the second one I took today.  Check out the new growth in just 6 days.

dormant1.jpg

Here is the same plant 6 days later.

dormant3.jpg

And another one.

dormant2.jpg

And 6 days later.

dormant4.jpg

And a flower just starting to show itself.  I'll snip it once it gets about 2 to 3 inches hight.

flower.jpg

Hope everyone elses flytraps are starting to wake up.

Nice vfts!Mine have'nt started growing like that yet as the weather is still kind of cold.

Jerry

It's cold here as well, I had them in my garage that stays around 35-50 since the beginning of November and I brought them in the house the first week of February. The actually dormancy period started the 3rd week of September when I had them outside here in Colorado. I sure wish I could keep them outside year around, but we regulary dip below zero here in the winter and have prolonged below freezing temperatures. At least I have a window in my garage and don't have to go the route of puting them in the refridge.

Mine are looking like that now. I just put them back in the tray a couple weeks ago. I counted 7 new leaves on my red dragon today!

Mine are wide awake now too and growing quickly! I haven't had any new traps open up quite yet, but soon I will have lots
biggrin.gif

Mine get a super dormancy LOL, since about the end of November till whenever the last frost chance is over and I can move them outside without fear of cold... that will be sometime in April. Just ONE month away! YAY!!!! They are in my unheated garage which stays a couple of degrees above freezing all winter and evens out once the temps warm up.

Wait until at least one flower forms before snipping the scape, or it will just send up another scape.

Very nice Jason. Mine are still soggy from dormancy.

Back