What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Works

Hi.someone gave me several butterworts at the BACPS meeting about a month ago and when I got home, I noticed that some of the leaves fell off so I planted them in the same pots of the parent plants. I forgot what plant she gave me, though.and whie I planted the parent plants I dropped one and about half of the leaves came off!
mad.gif
wow.gif
so I planted them too.and guess what?, almost all of them have buds! and only a couple look like they won't make buds! you should try it! it really works! I will try to get a pic. later if I have time.
Spectabilis73
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

on T.V.: "you've gotta try it! call 1-800-555-5601"
(It's not a real number)

Hi.more leaves sprouted! I have alot of butterworts now!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

more cutting have budded! and the first ones are growing their second leaves!!!

Once the little plantlets have a fairly respectable size I remove them from their leaves and plant them up separately. Then I use the leaves to produce another round of little plants.
biggrin.gif

Leaves are an excellent way to propagate mexican pings. I have even traded mexican ping leaves with other growers for the leaves of mex. pings I did not have.

Back