What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Lives!

I was very sad this summer when my expensive D. regia bit the dust! I kept it hoping it was just dormant or somthing. I think the plant knew it was halloween because it rose from the grave at the end of October! It now has two tiny leaves.
biggrin.gif

Is this normal, should I be worried that this will happen again? I grew it outside this summer and it was doing great until one day it turned black. Should I just keep it indoors? I want to keep this guy alive!!!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hoping to turn my D. regia brown thumb green.

...perhaps something happened to the growth point and killed the plant, but the roots of  D. regia are verry thick... and this plant seams to respond very well to root cuttings.   so, you might have just gotten a new plant to sprout from there (roots).   In any case GREAT GOING!!!
Andrew

It probably was the lack of cool nights that set the plant back, now with cooler temps. the growth is returning. My D. regia always does better in the cooler months, growing larger leaves when the nightime temps. drop. If you have the option, I think outdoor growing is probably better than indoor culture, providing you have adequate humidity.

Since I live in Michigan, summer is the only time I can grow it outside. I think I will bring it in around the dog days of August when the days and nights too hot for comfort. I'm wondering if the hot spell this summer did it in?

Back