What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this X Judith Finn?

• Thread starter nepgrower
  • Start date
Is this x Judith Finn? The pitcher looks like others I have seen on the WWW, but the leafy portion looks too wide and truncate. Is the id correct? The pitcher (without lid or tendril) is about 9 inches long and the leafy portion is 10 long by 4 inches wide.
judithfinn.jpg

Looks more like a straight N. spathulata to me.

There isn't any N. truncata or N. veitchii that I can see...

Tony

ps moving to the id forum

The leaf does have a look of veitchii/truncata. I am not home to look at my spathulata, but I don't remember the leaf being like that. The pitcher looks awfully immature compared to the size of the leaf to be a true spathulata.
Tony is more of an expert than I, though.

Regards,

Joe

Doesn't look like any N. x Judith Finn that I've ever seen, although I wouldn't know what it actually would be.

Here is a pic of my
x judith finn

judithfinjan040001.jpg

I bought the plant off eBay and then spent 2.5 years raising it. I already wrote the guy I bought it from, but the e-mail bounced saying the address is no good anymore. Oh well, it is a nice plant- just wish I knew the parentage. Guess I can toss the "Judith Finn" tag. I doubt that it is pure spathulata because I recall it only cost about $10.

If you got it off ebay then it is most likely one of the mass produced Judith finns from agristarts. They have a clone which is green with a dark peristome and looks pretty much like N. spathulata.

Next time try and give as much information as possible.. it really makes a big difference in trying to figure these puzzles out!

I have seen one of those that somebody posted a pic of(it had a black peristome). Would love one of those. I have seen some in local greenhouses, but they looke dpretty anemic and they wanted body parts for them.

Regards,

Joe

Back