What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this pygmaea?

Somebody mentioned that this plant of mine may not be D. pygmaea because the flower has red styles. If it isn't pygmaea, does anybody know what it might me? I got pygmaea from 2-3 different sources and they all produce this type of flower.

No, it's definitely not D. pygmaea. It is a hybrid of a subspecies of D. nitidula (probably D. nitidula ssp. nitidula but also possibly D. nitidula ssp. allantostigma- but not likely) with D. occidentalis ssp. occidentalis. D. pygmaea does not have red styles, it is a characteristic of D. nitidula crosses (with the exeception of D. nitidula ssp. leucostigma which has white styles)

you mean this pygmy?!...........lake badgerup
LakeBadgerup.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn242/mark-ca/Pygmy flowers/LakeBadgerup.jpg

D. x Lake Badgerup is a hybrid of D. patens (formerly D. nitidula ssp omissa) x D. occidentalis ssp. occidentalis

impressive diagnosis... wow.

Mine does look like the lake badgerup pic that mark.ca posted. Could that be what it is?

It has to be! i will try to post a beter pic as soon as i get home from work.
Not A Number give you the complete name.

Back