What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this going to be a problem (BUGS) ?

uphwiz

jimmy
not sure what they are but they on my alta maroon throat sarr. should i remove them,or will they get eaten??? and are the spiders eating the eggs , or are they what is coming out , looks like some of the eggs are open if you look close.

no one knows what these are?

I don't know what they are, but they look like something's egg sacks. Doesn't look like spiders, and look too big to be slugs eggs, so if what has already hatched hasn't done damage to your plants you can probably just leave them. I personally would scrape them off if possible, just because if it isn't something that might be a pest to your plants, maybe whatever eats them are.

true bugs. Order Hemiptera. Eggs are empty because they hatched into that spiny guy. Hard to say if a problem I can't ID. Too many different ones in your neck of the woods as compared to mine. However I can think of a few that don't care where they lay their eggs. So might be all incidental.

observe, collect information and take action when appropriate.

MTF

Those are assasin bug nymphs. They are great to have around as they prey on other bugs. They will even eat the, annoying as hell, Japanese beetles that swarm here every summer. I have heard that they bite. I have never had that occur though. I love to watch them hunt and attack their prey. I'll occassionally catch them and put them in my garden even.

Assassin bug nymphs, cool! You could have spent a bunch of money on a clutch of those and here you've got 'em free! :D

Whenever I'm worried that a bug will hurt my plants, I just kill it on the spot.

Whenever I'm worried that a bug will hurt my plants, I just kill it on the spot.

You are potentially killing bugs that may be killing hundreds of bugs that are actually harming the plants. Look at the other post on beneficial bugs or look up online yourself what the bug is in question. Or you can post here and ask for help rather than eradicate a bug that is helping your plants. Nature has been here billions of years before chemical insecticides and is far more complicated than we can understand. Let it work for you rather than fighting it.

very cool! you've got your own natural pesticide!

I was going to mention assassin bug but see the I've been beat. Very handy to have around. Let 'em be, but don't handle them they can give a painful bite!

Back