What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this common in the u.s?

Exotic animals are not common.  (And its oCelot by the way.  
smile.gif
 )  But a few people have them.  Some exotic animals are more commonly being bred here for commercial use like emus and llamas.  I don't agree with the practice for pets as few people can provide the environment and care they need to be happy.

And...that tiger that got loose?  Its dead now.  They shot it.  So much for owning exotic pets...

some ppl make hybrids with domestic pets. one example is the Savannah, its an african servil (sp) crossed with a regular cat. what you get is a HUGE HUGE dogsized cat that acts more like a dog than a cat.

i'm soooo buying one when i get my own place. no permits either!

couple hundred $ for a venomous snake.............nah most go for under $100 and that includes some quite deadly types.

note: i have never kept a seriously venomous snake. i had a pair of false water cobras that are rearfanged and unless your allergic to the venom not dangerous. granted they can be a 7 foot plus snake that has large teeth(not fangs) for its size and a bite wouldnt be plesant venom or not. i dont advocate keeping venomous snakes but wont stop a responsibale person from keeping them. there are a few species i wouldnt mind sometime down the road. you need lots of experiance and good medical insurance if your going to keep them, if they will even cover a bite from a "pet" snake. a decent bite is going to run $7000 in hospital bills minus any air ambulance or serious complications and thats for a "local" species and not something exotic like a cobra or gabby. not to mention the fact your home owners insurance may drop you for even having the things in your house. just my 2 cents

Rattler

Back