What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IS this anything to worry about?

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

I was just noticing this on my talang.

the old leaves seem to have some dots on it.

the topmost new 3 leaves don't have this (formed since I got the plant)

I initially thought it was nectar glands...but i was also hearing that it can be spider mites or fungus.

any diagnosis will be helpful and appreciated. :)

2128214802_11cc4539c4.jpg

2127438529_449456098f.jpg

2128214394_d257246a6d.jpg

2127439007_e9a8cac106.jpg

thanks,

Varun

that looks like what my N. Hamata was doing , and it turned out to have thripes...
unless you start seeing silvery streaks on the leaves, i would assume it's due to old age or change in it's enviroment../

I get those dots on almost all my neps older leaves. I think its just stress showing up in the aged tissue. It hasn't proven to be anything fatal for my plants and ever since I started fertilizing this problem has decreased quite a bit so nothing to worry about in my opinion, just unsightly.

Good to know that. Yeah! its only on the older leaves. the top 3 newest leaves don't have this. growth also looks healthy.

thanks guys,

V

The fact that the spots are ringed in light yellow and the coloration is present along the edges of the leaves as well makes me wonder if it could be something problematic. I would watch it... just in case.

-J.P.

*these are just my personal thoughts on it. I am no expert by any stretch.

Back