What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this allowed?

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
it looks gray to me. THIS is blue
nah... my family is just confused LOL

color is subjective. kinda hard to nail anything down. believe me i do ALOT of printing and have to have a variety of colors on hand because i have 3 totally different colors of blue that 3 different customer refer to as "true blue". lighting and how yah have your monitor set will influence what colors you see on your screen. plus everyones eyes are just a lil bit different and everyones brain is ALOT different so how someone interprets color will be different from you by either a tiny amount or a whole lot(color blindness).

Forgive me for any attempt I made at applying a psycopaths words to weeds. In an attempt to make them apply. I will not quote contriversial people again or attempt to get attention by doing so (not that I was in the first place). If I have offended you I appoligise profusly. Obviously any reading I do in my free time should not be reflected on cp or anyother non-World War II forums. I suppose I tried to connect those two "worlds" in a vain attempt. I realise now that people in the WWII mind-set and cp mind-set are ticked off by much different things. Thanks for your time, effort, and comments

Did someone say they're offended?  If I see that quote below a question about Sarracenias, I'm not offended.  If I see it in big red letters on signs outside a synagogue, I'm offended.  Context means a lot.  But not everything. I caught a load of crap once for suggesting a Jewish acquaintance read Mein Kampf.  The context was fine, because we were talking about how people should understand their enemies.  But he loves an opportunity to grandstand in front of a large group.  If you walk the fine line along the edge of controversy, you'll fall off now and then.

Yes. And some people seemed slightly annoyed. I am not sure whether it was over the quote or over the threads. It does not really matter to me. Call me a liberal (I am) but I think anyone should be able to say anything they want as long as no-one listens or rather acts. Now I know better then to quote psycopaths. I completely understand why so many websites about Germany during WWII have a disclaimer.

Yeah, that thing about my nickname, I remember posting about it in a thread about names a while back, I've been trying to look for it... Oh, well, I just found it, lol, good coincidence
laugh.gif
. Nicknames! Lol, though looking at it again, I got the parts out of order, but oh well, the links to their meanings is on the 2nd page
biggrin.gif
Enjoy.

*Caugh* And as to be more relevant as to the way the thread as actually been going -sorry bout that, went off on a tangent :p-. I think that there was a slight misunderstanding, if you want I would leave the quote, there was a slight misunderstanding, but I don't think anyone was really annoyed... Oh well, whatever you wanna do...

Of course quotes are okay.. I'm an example of that. I can't remember a time when I didn't have at least one quote in my sig.

Back