What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my plant drosera deformed?

Peanut

I like this
Is this a deformation in the sundew? Is it common or is this a fungus of some sort?

Picture048.jpg

whats the benifit if clipping it and what are the cons?

The benefits of clipping it is that you won't end up with billions and billions of seeds and D. capensis.

The cons of clipping it is that you won't end up with billions and billions of seeds and D. capensis.

Also if you clip it you won't get the chance to see Drosera capensis flowers with your own eyes. They are rather pretty looking flowers as Drosera flowers go.

You can always clip it after it flowers and before the seed pods ripen.

just curious as mine has a flower stalk about 12" tall right now. at what point am I in danger of seed drop? and what are the signs. I'd like to harvest the seed if possible

pro: when flowering, capensis usually gets weak. smaller leaves, slowed growth. but after flowering the plant makes a full recovery.
Alex

thanks a bunch guys, I think I'll stick with the seed ideas. But how do I know when the seeds are about to come out because I dont want them to go everywhere while im at school.

thanks a bunch guys, I think I'll stick with the seed ideas. But how do I know when the seeds are about to come out because I dont want them to go everywhere while im at school.

See my post a couple postings back (#7 in this thread).

oh, that was mybad, sorry you're right.

Thanks a tribillion guys. Maybe if I catch the seeds in time I'll share them all with you to show my appreciation to you guys!!! It'll be my first givaway. :D I can't wait!:D:D:D:D:D

Good Growing to You! :water: :bigthumpup:

Back