What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it to late in the year to make a bog?

i live in ohio and was thinking about making a bog and just using some flytraps from Lowes in case they die it wouldn't be the ones that are growing good inside
smile.gif
is it to late in the year now? i couldn't just put them right out into the dead sun cause they will get burnt right? so its to late in the year i would think. what do you guys think?

I would put them outside for now and slowly introduce them to higher light levels and the weather. Don't just put them in the heat of the sun. Plant them in the bog while they are dormant in the winter.

best bet would be wait till spring huh?

Will this be above ground or in ground?

well it will be in a plastic small foot long tube thing that i saw at Lowes in there greenhouse section for a small pond.

In that case I would wait and put it together in the spring.

I would say you could go for it now actually. Keep the flytraps outside for a couple of weeks to acclimatise and then plant them trying to keep them in the same peat they are in at the moment, to avoid root disturbance. It's still nice and warm, so shouldn't have any problems IMO.

Back