What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it ok to remove plants almost dormant.

I have a minibog and it only has sundews in it. D.filiformis ssp filiiformis, D.capensis 'red' and D.multifida extrema are in it. Yesterday I noticed the D.filiformis were forming that hibera-whatever you call it thingie. I didn't notice it at first, since it still has leaves and I could barely see the centre of the plant. Should I wait until all the current leaves die and then transplanted it or do it now, or can I just leave it there and keep that area only damp enough to be dormant? Also, can you still keep dormant plants outside, even if it's raining?

You can remove it any time. I always try to scoop plants out such that there is enough soil around them to not disturb their roots. Not sure what to do with your "D. male reproductive organ". Actually you forgot a very important letter and the forum filter thought it was a great idea to really butcher it. Um... don't ask how I know this....

D. capensis doesn't do the dormancy thing and as long as it doesn't get too cold, you can leave them with the others. I wouldn't worry about the rain. It happens in nature all the time. Hey, watch out for Hurricane Wilma and bring the plants to safety!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 19 2005,12:44)]Not sure what to do with your "D. male reproductive organ". Actually you forgot a very important letter and the forum filter thought it was a great idea to really butcher it. Um... don't ask how I know this....
Great Scott Jimscott!!  What's on your mind?  LOL!  Now that is the funniest unintentional THING (no pun intended) that I've seen in a long, long time!

You could eaily take the hibernaculum (plural is hibernacula) out and transplant as Jimscott said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have a minibog and it only has sundews in it. D.filiformis ssp filiiformis, D.camale reproductive organ 'red'
LMAO!!!! I can't believe this happened again... what's this, the third time?

Not sure how many times it's happened. Just don't put it in the window. I think it would mortify the little old ladies walking by.
laugh.gif

...... One small mistake and this is what I got :p, why is that word even censored?

lmao BCK

PP, I have no idea. It's a perfectly decent scientific term and takes up alot less space than "male reproductive organ".

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not sure what to do with your "D. male reproductive organ".

I sent PiranhaPlant D. capensis red that had a flower stalk a while back, and he PMed me once and said something like, " I chopped off the D. red male reproductive organ so the plant will recover".

I just scratched my head.  At that time I didn't know a mistype could cause it to be censored.

Brian

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, that's rich...

Tempting.... very tempting to comment.... *must discipline myself to be quiet*

Back