What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is it normal?

Well, i have a sandersonii who's leafs look like the end of a fork, the ends of the leafs fork many times.
is it normal?

Do you mean kinda like a tall heart shape? Sometimes this happens with my U. livida, but I think it's normal, it's just that the plant made a different shaped leaf.

-Ben

dont know if that is normal but ive had sandersonii throw funky leaves before. it can be quite variable with the shape of its leaves depending on light source and intensity

I get alot of snakes tongue leaves from my U. praelonga

no all the leafs are forked, my camera is broken so i cant photograph it but it is really forked! it begins filliform then becomes split usually four times and then it becomes serrated at the tips.

I really hope this is a cultivar!!

Mine is currently doing this...when it arrived it had tiny ground-hugging "leaves" and within a couple of days i get these rely tall funky shaped "leaves" they were under a florescent bulb and now on a window sill...the leaves are now returning to normal!
Alex

Back