What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it legal

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cchang @ Oct. 17 2003,4:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just to clarify, so that everyone is in agreement...

It is not illegal to mail seeds from US to Canada (or vice versa) and seeds do not require documentation unless:
1.  it is over 1kg
2.  classified as Cites I

If this is the case, then all I would need for SASE is to include an envelope with US postage...correct?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
For a SASE, you can also use a international reply voucher.

Thanks seedling.... I will look into an international reply voucher.
biggrin.gif

Hey, I want to say this.
IS IT NOT LEAGAL TO SEND SEEDS OR PLANTS TO FOREIGN COUNTRYS, BUT IS NOT A PROBLEM IF YOU DONT MAKE IT TO BE A PROBLEM
wink.gif
 These are not big laws, and why those laws are exist is that countrys doesnt want to bad plants like weeds to start growing in places where they usually dont grow. But do you think that some Nepenthes or Sarracenia would start to grow in Finland, last winter we had  -40F in here. They could not manage...And even they could, they could make any harm.
I have traded seeds hundreds of times with out any problems....
smile.gif

Laws are there for a reason. Like it or not.

Do not advocate breaking any laws in this forum.

To find out what the rules are for shipping plants/seeds to another country you need to contact the proper agency in that country. If you wish to have plants/seeds sent into your own country you need to contact the proper agency within your country. It is up to BOTH parties involved to be sure they are not breaking any laws either from the country of origin or the country of destination.

Tony

Heh, sorry, I didnt mean anything bad. And I dont want to advocate people to brake laws. It is just that not that harm full. You know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (seedling @ Oct. 17 2003,11:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
wow.gif
0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cchang @ Oct. 17 2003,4
wow.gif
0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just to clarify, so that everyone is in agreement...

It is not illegal to mail seeds from US to Canada (or vice versa) and seeds do not require documentation unless:
1.  it is over 1kg
2.  classified as Cites I

If this is the case, then all I would need for SASE is to include an envelope with US postage...correct?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
For a SASE, you can also use a international reply voucher.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Are we all agreed on this? I got lost somewhere along the way...

Back