What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey everyone,

Will here... I'm in the Little Rock, Arkansas area and I'm new to TerraForums. I've been growing carnivorous plants for about 10 years, though my collection is pretty small right now. I'm currently growing a couple of Nepenthes hybrids, a couple of species of Drosera, a few Sarracenia, and a so far less-than-successful first attempt with Pinguicula caerulea.

I'm a sign language interpreter, I share my abode with a Yellow Naped Amazon parrot, a 135 gallon discus aquarium, and my carnivorous plants.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from everyone here.

Later,
Will

Welcome!

This is gonna be a dumb question.. but have you taught your parrot any sign language?

Hi, Will! Good to have you here! Stick around and collect some knowledge!!!!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the forum !

Welcome!

This is gonna be a dumb question.. but have you taught your parrot any sign language?

Of course! It's amazing what he can do with his wings and zygodactyl feet. I wish my toes were that dexterous. ;-)

Lol, I knew it! Neat. Any pics?

Hey Will. Nice to have you here. Thanks for the little introduction. Sounds like a talented bird you have there!

xvart.

The parrot knowing sign language comment was meant completely and utterly facetiously... just to clarify. :) He is starting to talk fairly well though. He's still a baby, not yet a year old.

I've got some pics of him on my computer at home, but I'm in the office right now, so they'll have to wait...

Later,
Will

Back