What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inside or outside?

right now its windy and dry outside and itll b like 70-80*f did u see a pix of my windowsil? if not ..
collection.jpg

I saw the pic, very nice.

Well my Sarrs and VFT's were out in Long Island Weather today. Hot and Humid and then now it's only 50% Hum. 84.5F.

They were in like 90F and they look happy to me. I'm sure they can go outside. Where do you live btw?

I moved my plants outside because my bay window in my new house was getting very little light.
smile_h_32.gif
I plan to move them inside during the winter.  I have a hardware cloth 2x2x2 foot cube I put over the majority of them to keep animals off.  I go home and water them during lunch and man I never realized how good they are at catching bugs.  Within 2-3 minutes, I saw two ants die to a sarr and a nep and a couple more wandering around the VFTs.

My Sarrs and VFT's are outside now. For two Sarrs it's their first day in direct sunlight and they are growing so tall.

It's now 31% Humidity and 79.5 F here on Long Island.

You live near the Bay Area but humidity and temps are still a problem? Hmmmm Perhaps you should try some bubbled shade, like trough a thin foiliage tree or you should try a 30% shadecloth. I live in temecula where temps rise to 90's and 100's outside during the summer and high 60's during the winter(night time winter temps are in the 30's.) My plants grow well under 70% shadecloth. For wind protection, I use an open top plexi glass Green house. They are really easy to make. Get 4 wooden stakes and drill the panes of plexi glass to the 4 stakes to create a rectangular open top green house. I still think outside is the way to go. Adapt your plants gradually. Arubt transitions are lethal to your plants.

Good luck
Phong

i think my sarrs are doing good ryte now indoors in the windowsil, its way too windy ryte now, my babies cant handle it, and my dad will nag me more make somthing like a green house
smile_h_32.gif

Definetely inside.

Las Vegas + summer = deep fried VFT.

my collection has degraded down to a table. -1ft below the sun, but the sun shines lower at times, so my babies will do fine, look..
collection2.jpg

mind telling me wat kind of Sarrs this is?
cobralilly.jpg

kindly apreciated it
smile_n_32.gif

Looks like the one I got, but I'm not sure.
Wrigleyana?  Not positive though.

BTW, nice collection, and glad to hear you got them outside.

Funny, I had some of mine in those foil baking dishes. Reflects the sun which is good.
smile.gif

its not outside, its under my window, and i got it from OSH
smile_n_32.gif

Yup id say wrigley! Those things get really colorful!

Back