What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insecticides

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Has anyone ever tried this insecticide? I saw some at lowes and I wandered if it was safe. Insecticide

On a website I found someone highly recommending Ortho Systemic Insect Killer for nepenthes (and maybe other CPs, I don't remember). They used it safely on a large number of plants. I've also used it with no apparent ill effects. And I just like systemic stuff... I feel like they have nowhere to hide.
smile.gif

Yea, that's what I've got right now. I really like it, but my family has been into the organic-no-pollutant-healthy thing lately and I was just wondering how effective this stuff is. I guess I could buy a vft or something really cheap and get it infected and see if it works. I guess that is about the only way to find out.

I use Orthene, I don't think it's sold anymore. Gotta dilute that stuff, or it'll kill the bugs and the cp
smile_h_32.gif

ill look when i go home for lunch as i forget the name of it but i have used one made from chrysanthumum flowers that worked good on Nepenthes and Orchids with no ill effects.

Back