What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insect attack during first night out. vft's/sarrs

So I decided to put my VFT's and Sarrs 2 foot window box outside in the shade yesterday and try to aclimate it to the stronger outside sun and conditions.

So I decide to leave it outside last night and it was nice and high humidity like 82% and 72.5F. I checked on it this morning and some insect gnawed some of my traps off and bit some leaves and took a piece of the pitcher plant off.

I'm so mad now.
mad.gif

Is bringing it inside at night the only thing I can do? I'm afraid I might introduce insects into my house.
Maybe I'll just put it in my garage...

Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

are you sure it's insects? I have had problems w/ squirrels and possibly rabbits munching on my outdoor plants. I fixed this by building a "cage" that goes over the plant containers out of hardware cloth.
smile.gif

It sure looked like insect nibbles.
So far bringing them inside has helped.

I'm setting up a small grow shelf in my garage with a digital timer that will support the plants during dormancy and also for rainy/cloudy days. That's where I can keep the plants where insects won't be a problem.

smile.gif

Back