What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In case you missed it...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
There will be an IMPORTANT NASC Open Growers Meeting held on:

Thursday, February 16th at 8 p.m. Central time (7 p.m. Pacific, 9 p.m. Eastern).

This meeting will be for the Head Grower and Regional Growers as well as ANY PERSON INTERESTED in offering ideas on a coding system for tagging and recording the plant material.

We need this done IMMEDIATELY as some people already have thousands of seedlings intended for the NASC program up and growing fast.  We must have a way to identify and catalogue the plant material that is consistent among ALL growers.

Please make a concerted effort to be at this meeting promptly and come with IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS as to what would be the best way to handle this.

Mike Howlett has done some preliminary work on a database as a start but we need input/work from everyone: Head Grower, Regionals on down to future Area growers.  No idea is too small, no suggestion to dumb.    Bring your ideas and let's get it hammered out and approved so our growers can...
GROW!!!!!  This is what it's all about!

--------------

P.S.  As usual, anyone not already on my NASC Buddy List who wants to attend this meeting (which is OPEN to ANYONE), please email or PM me your AIM name so I can add it to my Buddy List for sending out "invitations."

Thank you for the reminder, PAK. I'm sure well have some good ideas! The work that I've seen so far is excellent! Let's get a good turnout on this one!
smile.gif

Thank you Jonathan! Yes, we need INPUT! IDEAS! Or, bring a bag of popcorn and just hang out and read the discussion.
smile.gif

You do not have to be a Sarracenia expert...just interested seeing this project move forward. And we need to be able to keep records of all that is in the NASC collection.

One more time folks. AND...bring any ideas on GROWER POLICY. We need to talk about that too.

Back