What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm putting this here to catch the sundew only people

In the next couple days my set-up will be done and I am moving all my plants. They will be under 130 watts of very bright light in a mini greenhouse in the basement. This set-up is for my highland neps. I don't know yet how high the temps will be under the lights but right now the temp stays in the 40-60 range. I will have a humidifier running at night while the lights are off and enough during the day to keep it a good level. Maybe have it run for half an hour every like two hours or so. I'm also going to have a small fan for ventilation. Like I said this is going to mainly be for my highland neps. But I also want to take advantage of all this light for my ceph, d. capensis, d. falconeri, d. capillaris, d. capensis, d. adelae, and d. spatulata. I will post this also in the sundew area just to catch everyone. I reall don't want to have more this running but not killing my plants is a big thing to me. My ceph has really taken off the past couple weeks by getting really deep red and growing larger pitchers. One pitcher is even open. Thanks for helping me out.

Your conditions sound fine for all your Drosera except for D. falconeri. It requires hot conditions to thrive. I continue to have some problems with this one coming out of dormancy, and i grow mine in a heated tank that stays around 80 degrees at night!
Peter.

Back